Job Description - Lecturer Crop Production Systems HAS Hogeschoo
Lecturer Crop Production Systems HAS Hogeschoo
HAS University of Applied Sciences is the leading educational institution and centre of expertise in the south of the Netherlands for the agro, food and environment sectors. From its two locations in Den Bosch and Venlo, this medium-sized university is focused around the dynamic triangle of students, lecturers and business. Based on our core values of dedication, entrepreneurship and confidence, HAS focuses on the three key activities: education, knowledge transfer and knowledge development.
Dutch bachelor degree programmes Business Administration & Agri-foodbusiness, Animal Husbandry & Animal Care, Food Innovation, Geo Media & Design, Spatial and Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Applied Biology, Horticulture & Arable Farming, and Food Technology.
For our International Food & Agribusiness (IFA) programme we are looking for:
Lecturer Crop Production Systems
Location ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands
The appointment is for 0.8 to 1.0 fte, initially for one year, leading to a permanent appointment following a positive appraisal. We also provide new lecturers with excellent support, in particular candidates without specific teaching experience and/or teaching qualification.
The International Food & Agribusiness (IFA) study programme trains students for positions aimed at increasing the sustainability of international food chains. Understanding the agri-food supply chain and contributing to its sustainability is the core competence of our graduates.
Your primary task will be to develop and teach courses, making use of innovative training methods and modern facilities. You do this principally as part of the IFA study programme, but you might also participate in the other related degree programmes. In addition, you will provide consultancy expertise in the development of sustainable crop supply chains in the areas of both food production and agribusiness.
We’re looking for a colleague with an academic background and international business experience (min. 3-5 years), acquired either in a commercial environment or through consultancy work. You have an understanding of the agri-food supply chain, and knowledge of agronomy and agricultural production systems with a focus on a sustainable crop production supply chain:
• Agriculture, with an understanding of agronomy;
• Sustainable crop production systems, cultivation techniques & supply chains;
• Knowledge of the seed industry;
• Holistic vision of global agricultural production;
• Project Management (B2B or development projects).
• An inspiration to your students, colleagues and clients;
• A strong team player;
• Excellent communication skills;
Native speakers of English are strongly encouraged to apply. For non-native speakers, fluency in English is required.
A diverse, dynamic and independent position, with considerable opportunities for personal growth in a small and informal team, in which team work is highly appreciated.
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Roger Watts, Lecturer: +31 (0)6 29373300 or email@example.com.
For further information regarding the IFA study programme, visit our website: www.HAS.nl
Applications and deadline
You should submit your application via our website www.HAS.nl/en/jobs no later than 3 April 2018.
The first interviews will take place on April 9th, the second on April 12th.
It is our standard policy to check references after a second interview.
• Only applications submitted digitally via our website will be considered.
• Selection will take place after the closing date, we will then respond to your application as soon as possible.
• Applications submitted after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
• The closing date may be extended or shortened during the selection process. We will automatically take your application into the extended application procedure unless you request otherwise.
• Candidates may be looked up via internet, including on social media.
• The vacancy text on the HAS website will prevail. We accept no responsibility for any other texts on other vacancy websites.
• Third party acquisition is discouraged