Event Manager Hivos The Hague, Netherlands
- Published date: March 23, 2018
[ Ads Views - 148 ]
- North Dakota, United States
Job Description - Event Manager Hivos The Hague, Netherlands
Hivos Global Office seeks qualified candidates for the position of Event Manager for “Design Africa Summit".
Vacancy Name: Event Manager for “Design Africa Summit"
Number of hours: 32
Region: Middle East & North Africa
Office: Global office, The Hague
Hivos is currently seeking an Event Manager to act as the focal management and communication point for the Design Africa Summit. The Event Manager is expected to ensure that the 3 days event is implemented smoothly, meeting the learning objectives for the participants and adhering to the approved budget.
Logistical and Financial Management Responsibilities:
• Support the Hivos Projects management team on Co-working for Sustainable Employment (CwSE) in selecting the Local event organizing contractor/s for the Africa Design Summit.
• Responsible for developing and overseeing the event work plan.
• Ensure the booking of an adequate venue to host the event and proper accommodation for the participants, all in coordination with the selected local event organizers.
• Utilize Hivos’ Network to coordinate the Solicitation of a list of Potential participants who are interested in joining the summit.
• Coordinating the flight tickets for the invitees of Hivos and be in direct touch with the travel agency to arrange tickets booking (Agency to be determined by Hivos).
• Ensuring that all participants who would require entry Visas have all the documents needed to obtain their Visas to enter Morocco.
• In coordination with Hivos’ administrative staff, formulate Contractual agreement with different parties involved in the summit and ensure their payments occur in a timely manner.
• Applying procurement procedures in accordance with Hivos’ internal processes and donors’ auditing criteria
• Managing summit budget and ensuring expenses fall within the allocated budget ceiling.
• Providing support when needed for the Hivos’ management team in their fundraising efforts.
Content & Agenda:
• In close coordination with the Hivos CwSE team, formulate the summit’s curatorial focus and main sub-themes.
• Developing the summit Agenda in collaboration with the project manager CwSE, External Partners and relevant participants.
• In collaboration with the Hivos project manager CwSE, Coordinate the Hivos panels/sessions during the summit: That would include:
• Select, contact, and brief speakers, panelists, trainers and/or moderators for summit sessions.
• Coordinate with the local logistics team to ensure the availability of equipment and facilities needed for each of the summit sessions.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Develop M&E questionnaires in accordance to the overall program M&E frameworks
• Facilitate the filling of the questionnaires (Pre and Post Summit) and ensure that data is compiled and presented in adequate classification.
• Formulate the summit narrative report reflecting on collected M&E data and summit objectives.
You are answerable to the Programme Director MENA at Hivos in The Hague.
We are looking for an Event Manager who can work under pressure and who is well organized, independent, critical, thorough and consistent and who has:
• You have a degree in event management, development studies, or another relevant field;
• 3 years of relevant Knowledge of French and/or Arabic is a plus
• work experience in managing multi stake holder events.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer
Employment starts April first and will be till 31st of December 2018. Depending on your experience and skills your salary will be at Hivos scale 10. Travel costs are compensated in accordance with Hivos regulations. Trips to project countries are part of this job. We offer participation in the pension fund.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Like to apply?
Please apply before April 1st 2018. We will consider to close the procedure before this date in case we receive a lot of applications and/or have found the matching candidate before this date.
Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 400-20
JobEmail id: jobs(at)hivos.nl
Related Jobs listings
International Jobs Buckingham (Illinois) April 30, 2020
An abstract is a part of dissertation that represents the whole study briefly. This section is the first thing the readers see when dealing with the dissertation, and in many cases it will be the last thing they see, as after reading the abstract som...
International Jobs Chennai (Tamil Nadu) July 26, 2019
Looking for opportunities in USA?We are hiring qualifying candidates for an internship in USA. Internship includes: Training(incl. Bizz Skills) Sponsorship Accommodation Food Stipend Insurance For more information please send your updated resume to ...
International Jobs Ferndown (Dorset) July 3, 2018
Writing essay is not easy task and it is a headache for student's. Custom essay writing service, student's prepare essay for their academic work ,they need to follow many step for getting effective essay. And for many of them it is a burden and if no...