Programme Manager - Mine Risk Awareness NE Syria The Stabilisation Network
- Published date: March 23, 2018
[ Ads Views - 139 ]
- Massachusetts, United States
Job Description - Programme Manager - Mine Risk Awareness NE Syria The Stabilisation Network
Programme Manager - Mine Risk Awareness NE Syria
The Stabilisation Network (TSN) is a research and programming consultancy working for governmental clients globally. TSN delivers high impact, innovative and creative solutions to complex problems under challenging conditions; and it does so with integrity and a commitment to professionalism and people – our staff, our donors, our partners and our beneficiary communities. We are looking for capable, committed individuals to excel with us.
• Oversee the overall implementation of the project in consultation with senior management, and directly oversee the Project team in accordance with client requirements and international best practice.
• Ensure all contracted periodic reports are completed on time, to a high quality and in accordance with donor requirements.
• Work with finance, to ensure commitment of adequate resources from approved budgets to support project implementation, and ensure that budgets are spent in accordance with donor funding and donor regulations within the appropriate timeframe.
• Work closely with the research team to enable timely response to events on the ground, or to alter activities in response to changing attitudes, in line with the agreed strategy and client stipulations.
• Working with the M&E team and project officers, oversee project monitoring and evaluation against overall goals, specific objectives and contracted deliverables.
• Ensure regular interface, coordination and liaison with donors and clients to provide accurate, relevant and timely reporting on project implementation, impact and development opportunities.
• Lead on fulfilling appropriate duty of care to partners and partner staff by providing/ arranging appropriate training and organizational capacity development in areas related to safety and contingency planning
• Liaise and coordinate across TSN project teams, headquarters and country offices to encourage sharing of knowledge and resources and effective programme synergies.
• Run weekly project team meetings and provide an update on progress, issues and changes to the Programme Director
• Ensure all HR and implementation related tasks are carried out in accordance with TSN’s and the donor’s policies and guidelines. This includes recruitment, performance management, security, staff development and training, and disciplinary action.
• Ensure that the Programme Director and senior management team are fully briefed and cognisant of the project, including key successes, obstacles and opportunities for growth.
• Cultivate and strengthen TSN’s strategic partnership with any relevant actors and identify other regional actors for potential new business opportunities
• The incumbent may need to travel to North East Syria to support the project teams in Country once the security situation permits
Required Qualifications :
• Minimum of first degree, post graduate degree desirable.
• A minimum of 5 years Mine Risk Awareness professional experience, preferably in a conflict or post-conflict environment
• A minimum of 3 years in a project or programme management role in complex operating environments, including remote management, preferably in the Middle East.
• In depth knowledge of the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) with experience developing communications campaigns and awareness training in complex conflict environments
• Demonstrated experience in project cycle management, project-level monitoring and evaluation, programme budgeting and programme development and design across a range of projects, as well as active management of diverse teams and cultures.
• Previous experience project managing government-funded (including multi-donor) projects.
• Proven planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven excellent report and proposal writing skills, supported by a high level of attention to detail and the ability to compile comprehensive reports for donors.
• Excellent English language written and oral skills.
• High personal adaptability, proactivity, and problem solving ability, with the ability to work in a fluid environment.
• Tact, social skills, and effective inter-personal communication.
• Commitment to team-building and ability to develop other team members.
Desirable Qualifications :
• Native Arabic language skills, or acquired advanced Arabic skills, highly desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Syrian Civil War context at the national and local levels and previous experience working on regional issues.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV (no more than 3 pages) with a covering letter (one page) by email to HR@stabilisation.org quoting ‘Project Manager – Mine Risk Awareness’ in the subject line.
Related Jobs listings
International Jobs Buckingham (Illinois) April 30, 2020
An abstract is a part of dissertation that represents the whole study briefly. This section is the first thing the readers see when dealing with the dissertation, and in many cases it will be the last thing they see, as after reading the abstract som...
International Jobs Chennai (Tamil Nadu) July 26, 2019
Looking for opportunities in USA?We are hiring qualifying candidates for an internship in USA. Internship includes: Training(incl. Bizz Skills) Sponsorship Accommodation Food Stipend Insurance For more information please send your updated resume to ...
International Jobs Ferndown (Dorset) July 3, 2018
Writing essay is not easy task and it is a headache for student's. Custom essay writing service, student's prepare essay for their academic work ,they need to follow many step for getting effective essay. And for many of them it is a burden and if no...